Email Call Us

Peter Smith, Chief Executive of Nasmyth Group is elected Vice Chairman of the Midlands Aerospace Alliance

Story posted 22/03/2017 09:56:08gmt

Peter Smith, Chief Executive and Chairman of Nasmyth Group has been newly elected as Vice Chairman of the Midlands Aerospace Alliance (MAA) by members of the industry representative association. 

The MAA is the world’s second biggest regional aerospace alliance with 300 members, 60% of whom are described as making “flying parts” with the other 40% making equipment for design, testing, manufacturing or providing specialist services. Major Midlands aerospace companies including Meggitt, Moog Aircraft Group, Rolls-Royce and UTC Aerospace Systems are represented on the MAA Board of Directors.

Peter Smith said, “The Midlands is home to nearly one quarter of the whole UK aerospace industry and Nasmyth Group is a proud member of this global supply chain.  I look forward to continuing to work with Andrew Mair, Chief Executive of the MAA and the MAA Board to support our members and connect customers, suppliers and partners in the region to maximise the business and growth opportunities available to them.”

The MAA ensures that the Midlands’ voice is fully represented in the formation of national aerospace strategies and programmes through formal partnerships and its extensive networks within industry. The MAA also meets directly with UK government departments and Ministers to highlight the importance of the aerospace industry in the Midlands. 

Andrew Mair, Chief Executive of MAA said “We are delighted to welcome Peter Smith to our new Vice Chairman  after eight years of growth and success under Clive Snowdon’s leadership. . Nasmyth Group is a significant part of the Aerospace Supply chain, in the Midlands, the UK and internationally. Peter has a wealth of knowledge and experience, which will help drive our strategy for our member companies and deliver the advice, services and support which they need to maintain world leading positions in this industry.”

 

 

ENDS